From the KnowledgeBase
All Princeton Google users are expected tousePrinceton Google services responsibly and in accordance with the Princeton University Information Technology Policy, the Google Acceptable Use Policy and Google Usage Guidelines.
Princeton Google Drive available for faculty, staff and graduate students as of January 30, 2014
- Use your Princeton Google Drive to create, share, and
collaborate on documents in real-time.
- To begin using Google Drive, faculty, staff, and graduate
students must request
a Princeton Google account (Princeton University login
- Faculty, staff and graduate students will still have email and calendaring services provided through the University’s Microsoft Exchange system, while undergraduate students are provided with Princeton Gmail and calendaring.
How to log in to your Princeton Google account
- Using any browser go to www.google.com
- Click the blue Sign in button.
|You many have
more than one
Google account listed. Click on the account with your
Princeton email address.
is the first time you are
accessing your Princeton Google account, you will
need to click the Add
Do NOT click the Create an account button.
Undergrads: your Princeton Google account has already been created.
Use the Add account link.
Faculty, staff, and graduate students: Request a Princeton Google account first.
Then use the Add account link.
Step 3Enter your Princeton University email address and your University password.
- Click on the Apps Grid to see the Google Apps Launcher, which simplifies Google navigation no matter the device you are using; computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- When you log in to Google using your Princeton email address, you will only be shown those apps available to you (depending on your affilation with Princeton) based upon Google licensing with the University.
- In the example below, click on the Google Drive icon to access your Princeton account.
- To log out, click on the profile's icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Click the Sign out button.
Princeton Google Apps for undergraduate students (as of Feb. 2014)
- Princeton Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive and Google Sites
Princeton Google Apps for faculty, staff, and graduate students (as of Feb. 2014)
- Google Drive and Google Sites
- Look at the OIT Outage Facility for scheduled and unscheduled outages.
- Check the status of all Google services at the Apps Status Dashboard.
- If you are out of the country, check the Transparency Report to see if access is being blocked in a particular country.
What is the default quota on my Princeton Google account?
Princeton Google accounts all have access to 30GB of shared storage.
- See: How storage is counted in Google Drive online for more information.
- Also see:Your storage limit for information on how to check your quota usage.
Information, help, and documentation
Use Google Drive to create, share, and collaborate on documents in real-time.
Email with lots of storage, search tools, and integrated chat. It's very much like standard Gmail accounts but with an @princeton.edu address.
Coordinate meetings and events with fellow students using sharable calendars
Create websites quickly and easily.
- Princeton Gmail: Documentation and best practices
- Princeton Gdocs: Answers to frequently asked questions