From the KnowledgeBase
Answers to questions regarding your Princeton Gmail.
- Will I still use my netID@princeton.edu address when I am use my Princeton Gmail?
- Can I use a different password in Princeton Gmail?
- What website should I use to get my Princeton Gmail?
- What should I do if I currently forward my @princeton.edu email to a @gmail.com address?
- How do I switch between my Princeton Gmail and my personal Gmail account?
- How do I configure my mobile phone to use Princeton Gmail?
- Can I still use a mail client like Thunderbird, Outlook, or Mac Mail with Princeton Gmail?
- Are Google Groups available in Princeton Google Apps?
- What are the limitations on attachments?
- Can I recover deleted messages?
- How can I change my display name for my mail account?
- What are conversations in Gmail and how can I turn them off?
Will I still use my netID@princeton.edu address on Princeton
Yes, your email address will still be netID@princeton.edu. You will need to use your full Princeton email address as your login user name when you log in to the Google interface (as in "yourNetID@princeton.edu).
Can I use a different password in Princeton
Your initial Princeton Gmail password must be set using PUaccess, but you can change your Princeton Gmail password afterwards to something unique. If you do use PUaccess in the future, your Princeton Gmail account will get the new password also.
What website should I use to get my Princeton Gmail?
The WebMail addresses are always available at www.princeton.edu/webmail or you can go directly to gmail.princeton.edu.
Can I still use a mail client like Thunderbird, Outlook,
or Mac Mail with Princeton Gmail?
Yes, Princeton Gmail has full client support; see: www.princeton.edu/email for email configuration instructions.
Are Google Groups available in Princeton Google
No. Please use a consumer Google Group at this time.
What are the limitations on
Attachments for both sending and receiving are limited to 25MB.
How can I change my display name for my mail
You can change the name that's linked to your email address, but not the address itself.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the “Send mail as:” section, locate the email address you'd like to edit.
- Click edit info next to the address.
- In the “Name:” section, specify what you’d like your name to be and click Save changes.
How do I turn off Conversation view in Princeton Gmail?
Go to the General tab of your Gmail Settings, and select the radio button next to 'Conversation view off'.