From the KnowledgeBase
Solution: Princeton Gmail for students is accessible via BlackBerry devices. Please use the following instructions to configure your BlackBerry device for access to your Princeton Gmail. The precise configuration steps may vary depending on the version of BlackBerry OS you are running.
Google Mail Configuration
- Click on Setup on the blackberry home screen
- Select E-mail Accounts
- Select Internet Mail Account
- Select set up email account.
- When asked to input email address, enter your Princeton e-mail address in the format email@example.com
- Type in an incorrect password. This will allow you to access the manual configuration options. You may need to enter the wrong password more than once.
- Once the link appears, click on I will provide settings as shown in the screenshot below:
- If prompted, select type of account: Other
- Enter the information below:
- Email address: netID@princeton.edu
- Password: Your Princeton password
- Email server: imap.gmail.com
- User name: netID@princeton.edu
- Scroll down and make sure that the box for SSL is checked:
Once you have the settings and exit out of the configuration utility, wait a few minutes to allow your e-mail to download from the server.
Then, enter the account through your Blackberry home page or the dock, the icon is labelled Messages.