From the KnowledgeBase
How can I change my e-mail address/I am unhappy with my OIT netID?
Your pre-assigned University netID is used by University systems and services on your behalf. Once it has been established, any change to the netID can cause problems for you and for various University offices; therefore changes will only be made for spelling errors or if an inappropriate or offensive netID was automatically generated.
Establish a personalized email address (also known as an alias address)
- With the use of email alias addresses it is no longer necessary to change your netID. Your netID can remain intact and you can request a more appropriate email address.
- If the netID that was assigned to you is inappropriate or offensive please notify the Person Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted regarding the matter.
- To change other information about you including your name please see www.princeton.edu/myinfo
- Getting Started: Description of the automatic process that assigns netID for e-mail
- When will my account be created?