From the KnowledgeBase
OIT Solutions Center: Location, hours of operation, and services offered
Students arriving on campus with questions who need in-person attention should go to the OIT Solutions Center at the Frist Campus Center. The Solutions Center is located in the Frist Campus Center on the 100 Level in rooms112 and 113. Follow the signs from the Campus Mail Room, through the open doors by the North Stairs. See the Frist Center 100 Level Floor Plan for exact details.
For immediate assistance with information technology questions 24 hours, 7 days a week, call 8-HELP(4357).
- The Tech Clinic offers computer consulting services from software diagnostics to hardware support. The primary mission of the OIT Solutions Center Tech Clinic is to provide assistance to student and institutionally-owned machines.
Clinic Open Hours
The Tech Clinic is located in Room 112 in Frist Campus Center. All customers must show valid University photo ID to receive service.
- Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m until 6:30 p.m., with the last check-in at 5:00 p.m. so that all problems are resolved by end of business day.
- The Tech Clinic is closed daily from 12:00 noon to 12:45 p.m. for lunch.
- The Tech Clinic will operate on a summer schedule from Monday, June 9 thru Friday August 29. Summer hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with last check-in at 3:00 p.m.
Faculty and staff may bring their personally-owned computer(s) to the Tech Clinic during the allowed times posted below. These computers must be used for University-related business. The Tech Clinic will only accept computers that are used for University-related business (for example University email, filesharing, online research). During all time periods, the Tech Clinic gives priority to servicing student and institutionally-owned computers.
- Month of September: No faculty/staff personal machines due to "Back to School" activities.
- October thru June 1/University graduation (whichever is later): Faculty and staff home/personal machines can be brought in on Wednesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (note that from noon to 12:45 p.m. the Tech Clinic is closed for lunch)
- June 1 thru September 1: Faculty and staff home/personal machines can be brought in anytime during normal business hours.
OIT Store in room 113 is
the place to go to buy specially-priced software, hardware items and accessories such as power adapters, wireless cards, mice, and iPhone accessories. For a full list of available software, please see the OIT Store.
Open hours for the OIT Store are Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (4:30 p.m. in the summer).