From the KnowledgeBase
OIT Solutions Center: Location, hours of operation, and services offered
Students arriving on campus with questions who need in-person attention should go to the OIT Solutions Center at the Frist Campus Center. The Solutions Center is located in the Frist Campus Center on the 100 Level in rooms 111, 112, 113. Follow the signs from the Campus Mail Room, through the open doors by the North Stairs. See the Frist Center 100 Level Floor Plan for exact details.
For immediate assistance with information technology questions 24 hours, 7 days a week, call 8-HELP(4357).
- Tech Clinic
The Tech Clinic offers computer consulting services from software diagnostics to hardware support. The primary mission of the OIT Solutions Center Tech Clinic is to provide assistance to student and institutionally-owned machines.
Tech Clinic Open Hours
The Tech Clinic is located in Room 112 in Frist Campus Center. All customers must show valid University photo ID to receive service.
- Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with the last check-in at 3:00 p.m. so that all problems are resolved by end of business day.
- During University summer hours, the Tech Clinic is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with last check-in at 2:30 p.m.
- The Tech Clinic will close for lunch daily from 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. (except during the first 3 weeks in September).
Personal Machine Guidelines
Faculty and staff may bring their personally-owned computer(s) to the Tech Clinic during the allowed times posted below. These computers must be used primarily for University related business. The Tech Clinic will NOT accept computers that are used primarily by other family members/relatives or not used for University related business. During all time periods, the Tech Clinic gives priority to servicing student computers.
- Month of September: No faculty/staff personal machines due to "Back to School" activities.
- October thru June 1/University graduation (whichever is later): Faculty and staff home/personal machines can be brought in on Wednesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
June 1 thru September 1: Faculty and staff home/personal machines can be
brought in anytime during normal business hours.
- Tech Depot
The Tech Depot is the place to go to buy specially-priced software (for a full list of available software, please see www.princeton.edu/software), hardware items and accessories such as power adapters, Ethernet cards, wireless cards, mice and laptop security cables. Open hours: Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (4:30 p.m. in summer); room 113 Frist.
- Telephone Services
Telephone Services provides support for all student telephone, long-distance, and voice mail services. It is the central location of the cell phone, conference set, and data card loaner programs. Open hours: Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; room 111 Frist.