From the KnowledgeBase
Pop-up Blockers: How to enable and/or disable in your web browser
Pop-up windows are usually unwanted advertisements that open on your screen as you are browsing the Internet. At times, pop-up windows are required for certain web applications; such as HR Self Service and the Online Course Evaluation service. Newer browsers have built-in pop-up blockers that you may not even know you have enabled.
HR Self Service
The HR Self Service system displays paycheck stubs, W2's and several other financial forms using a pop-up window. Clicking a link to one of these items may appear to do nothing if you have a pop-up blocker enabled.
- Online Course
This website uses pop-up windows to correctly display your course evaluation forms. If a pop-up blocker is enabled, you may encounter issues completing your online course evaluations.
Use the steps below to configure your browser to allow pop-up windows to open:
- Go to the Tools menu
- Select the Pop-up Blocker option and
click on Turn Off Pop-up Blocker
- Go to the Safari menu
- Uncheck the Block Pop-Up Windows
- Go to the Tools menu and select Options
- Click on the Content tab and uncheck
Block pop-up windows
- Go to the Settings menu in the upper right of browser window
- At the bottom, click on Show Advanced Settings
- Under the Privacy section, click on the Content settings... box
- Change the selected option to Allow all sites to show pop-ups; or click the Manage Exceptions box to allow pop-ups for only certain sites (recommended)
- Go to the Wrench menu
- Select the Tools tab and uncheck Pop-up
blocker then click Save