From the KnowledgeBase
Human Resources Self Service: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The online Human Resources Self Service application is a way for faculty and staff to update their personal information that the University maintains for HR purposes. It is for use by faculty and staff, active and retired.
To log in, use your University netID and password. The service will allow you to review and make updates to your personal information, such as:
- Home and mailing addresses
- Personal phone numbers
- Emergency contact information
- Personal e-mail addresses
- Submit a request to change your Marital Status or Name
Some information you may change requires a review by an HR staff member (such as name or marital status); therefore when you come back to the View Info page, your change will not be immediately reflected. This review is necessary to ensure accuracy in typing, etc. For this reason, you may not see the change you make until the next day. Reading the instructions on the screen will notify you of these situations in viewing your updated information. Your information will be updated once it is reviewed.
To change your campus phone number, campus fax number, or office location, use Change Your Online Directory Information on the My Info Page.
Troubleshooting HR Self Service
- To access Human Resources Self Service, you must use Internet Explorer on a Windows computer, or Firefox or Chrome on a Macintosh computer. Pop-ups need to be enabled for certain tasks, for example, viewing your paystub. See PeopleSoft supported browsers for details on which browser is officially recommended for your operating system.
- If you are trying to access the site from a location off-campus, a Princeton VPN connection is not necessary, however you may need to configure a VPN connection if your personal firewall software is disallowing the connection. If you have configured your firewall to only allow port 80 connections via http, then the HR Self-Service Web site will appear unavailable, as it uses port 7002. A Princeton VPN connection often seems to fix this home connection problem, because a firewall can be configured to allow a VPN connection and will transmit data to/from any port on campus.
Documentation is available at
You may also submit questions to the Help Desk, or call 609-258-HELP to speak
with a Help Desk specialist. The OIT Help Desk provides assistance with logging
in, navigation and basic questions, and is open 24 hours, 7 days a week;
detailed questions about your HR information should be directed to the Human
Resources Solutions Center by calling 8-3300, Monday through Friday, from
8:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- If you do not have a netID, contact Human Resources at ext. 8-3300 (Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) for the paper forms on which to make these changes (instead of using the web form).