From the KnowledgeBase
How to install McAfee VirusScan 8.8 on a Windows computer. Note that all University DeSC computers are automatically updated and need no intervention.
This information applies to all versions of Windows computers. To determine the version of McAfee on your Windows computer, right-click the McAfee icon (the small red and white shield in the lower right section of your display) and select "About VirusScan Enterprise".
Windows Download and Installation
Follow these steps in order to successfully install/update your McAfee AntiVirus program. You must be logged in as a user with administrator privileges to complete these steps.
- Note: Windows 98/ME computers are NOT SUPPORTED for McAfee VirusScan.
- Windows 2000 is no longer supported by this installer.
Remove all other antivirus software from your computer
Most antivirus software will be automatically uninstalled from your computer during the installation of McAfee VirusScan. This includes the Princeton licensed version of Symantec AntiVirus.
Download the installer to your desktop
Using any browser, download McAfee VirusScan from:
- You will need to authenticate using your Princeton University netID and password; you may need to type the netID as PRINCETON\netID
Install the latest version of McAfee VirusScan
- Save VirusScan_Install.exe to your desktop (Note: Do not rename the file.)
- Double-click on the VirusScan_install.exe installer file. If you receive a User Account Control prompt, respond Yes
- This screen will appear first, while waiting for the installer files to be copied to the computer.
After the files have been copied, this message will appear.
- You will be asked some questions about your status.
- If the computer was not purchased with personal funds, respond to the remaining prompts.
- Installation will take several minutes and run silently.
- Restart the computer when prompted.