From the KnowledgeBase
Convert html files to postscript format. Print html files from Linux.
A freeware, proven to work Perl script can be used to convert html files to postscript format. The resulting ps files can be sent to a printer. This is especially useful when producing custom reports in easily formattable and simple HTML format. Such reports can be displayed online or printed after converting to postscript format one at a time or in a batch mode; resulting in a simple and highly reusable code.
1. Ensure that html2ps is installed on the server by executing the following command: perl /usr/local/bin/html2ps -v
2. If the script is not on the server create a ticket for Platform Services asking to install html2ps version 1.0 beta3 (it is very stable). Alternatively the latest version can be downloaded from: http://user.it.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html
3. Here is simple command to get started quickly
perl /usr/local/bin/html2ps test.html > test.ps
4. File can be printed by executing the following command:
/usr/ucb/lpr -P hp126alex124 test.ps
Print job status can be checked by executing:
/usr/ucb/lpq -P hp126alex124
5. Below please find a web site with all of the html2ps documentation. It is recommended reading to see how custom configuration files can be created and what they can be used for: http://user.it.uu.se/~jan/html2psug.html